Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Proverbs 4 Song

Today was amazing. I am truly blessed. God is at work in my life, and I am overflowing with joy.
I wrote this song today. I hope it speaks to you.

Here are the Lyrics.
Rough Version, working title: "Proverbs 4 Song"

Verse 1:
Keep me from the wicked ways, God
Don't let me stumble in the night
Lead me down the straight and narrow path
Lord save till the morning's light

Chorus 1:
The Lord rescues me on this holy day
This is the day which He has made
Let us rejoice and be glad in it
Praise to the Lord who won't forget
All the promises He's made

Verse 2:
And even now as I am tempted
Lord, your Spirit gives me escape
And now your praises well inside of me
Your holiness has me captivated

Chorus 2:
The Lord rescues me in His holy way
This is the day which He has made
Let us rejoice and be glad in it
Praise to the Lord who won't forget
All the promises He's made

Bridge:
Lord I listen for Your leading
And You satisfy me daily
You are my Bread of Life
And You satisfy me daily

Ending 1:
Lord, You rescue me on Your holy day
This is the day which you have made
Let us rejoice and be glad in it
I praise you Lord, You don't forget
All the promises You've made

Bridge:
Lord I listen for Your leading
And You satisfy me daily
You are my Bread of Life
And You satisfy me daily

Ending 2:
Lord, You rescue me in Your holy way
This is the day which you have made
Let us rejoice and be glad in it
I praise you Lord, You don't forget
All the promises You've made
You don't forget
The promises You made

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete