Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It is true

I have not spoken to you all for a while. I am not sure why I haven't felt it, but I feel it now.
In a recent discussion with somebody anonymous I was told that my writing is really good, but because I am "into religion" now it's not so good. That my writing about God comes off as insincere and fake. Well I want to address that idea.
If you read my blog or my facebook posts (http://www.facebook.com/denimboy34?sk=notes)
I am glad. If you like them, even moreso. If you share my writing, that makes me very happy. But if you believe that my love for God is a "phase", that I will get over it.. You are sorely mistaken.
"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well,because you had become so dear to us." 1 Thessalonians 2:8

I love you. Because whether you are my neighbor or my enemy, God calls me to love you. And because I love you as I love myself, I want to share what I consider to be the greatest thing ever known to man. I understand you may see me as a hypocrite or a failure, but the same grace that redeems me, the same mercy and compassion with cover me and save me from God's wrath are offered to you.

Paul says:
"So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?"
I share that sentiment. I want to be somebody known for giving to those in need. I want to be somebody who can help, somebody to talk to.

This is not a long post or a very deep one, but it was what's on my heart. I may add some short stories over winter break. Don't worry. I still write fiction too.

No comments:

Post a Comment